Privacy Terms and Conditions
Stephen Gray Vision is committed to protecting your personal data. “Personal Data” is data which can identify you, directly or indirectly, either from that data or from that data combined with other information that is in, or is likely to come into, our possession. It includes data such as your name, your location or online identifiers.
This Privacy Statement sets out how Stephen Gray Vision collects, uses, discloses, stores, combines, aligns, retains, disposes of, erases, adapts, disseminates or makes available (“Process” or “Processes”) your Personal Data:
• on our Stephen Gray Vision website: www.stephengrayvision.com;
• when you interact with our customer-service centres or request information from us in any other way;
• when you publicly post about Stephen Gray Vision or communicate directly with us via social media, third party apps and similar technologies.
We take technical and organizational measures to protect your Personal Data and follow data retention practices in line with applicable law. Please note that if you are based in the European Union, there are additional terms in place that will apply to you. These are set out in section 10 to this Policy.
1. Collection of Personal Data
We obtain Personal Data which you disclose to us, both in an online and offline context. We request Personal Data when you make purchases, create an account with us or sign up to receive news of special offers, events and product updates.
The Personal Data we request from you includes:
• your name and job title;
• contact information including address, telephone number and email address;
• date of birth;
• billing and purchase data (including credit card data);
• your marketing preferences;
• demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests; and
• other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
We also may Process Personal Data related to a post you publish via social media, third party apps and similar technologies.
When you visit our Websites, we automatically collect the following information (including Personal Data):
• Technical data, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
• Data about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction data (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the page.
Our Websites also place cookies. Please see the Cookies section below for more details.
2. Use of Personal Data
We Process your Personal Data for the following purposes in line with applicable law:
• to administer any orders that you have placed with us and process payments;
• to register and manage your account(s) or membership with us;
• to run and help us co-ordinate promotional events and activations;
• to respond to any queries or provide you with information, products or services that you request;
• to manage our accounts and records;
• to administer our Websites and help improve our products and services;
• to prevent or detect fraud, including fraudulent purchases, or abuses of our Websites;
• to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
• to conduct research and analysis;
• to personalize your Website experience (including as outlined in the Cookies section below) and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you or our consumers in general are most interested to learn about, including to provide you with tailored advertisements and emails; and
- to comply with applicable law, regulations and court orders.
Where you have provided your consent, we also Process your Personal Data to send you information on product launches, special offers, sales and promotional information, and online seminars and other events.
Please note that we also link Personal Data submitted by you on our Websites with other Personal Data about you that Stephen Gray Vision may have obtained via other means. For example, Personal Data collected during a visit to one of our stores, events or your interactions with social media, third party apps or other similar technologies.
3. Who We Share Personal Data with
Stephen Gray Vision does not sell your Personal Data and only duly authorized persons within our organization will have access to your Personal Data to the extent necessary for the above-mentioned purposes.
However, we do share your Personal Data:
• with third party service providers and Stephen Gray Vision affiliates, who Process your Personal Data in accordance with the purposes set out above or for purposes to which you have consented, on our behalf (for example, sometimes a third party service provider may have access to your Personal Data in order to support our information technology or to communicate product promotions on our behalf); and
• where you have consented, with other businesses who may contact you about their products / services that may interest you.
Furthermore, we will also disclose your Personal Data to third parties,
• where this is necessary to protect the security or integrity of our databases or our Websites;
• where necessary to comply with court orders, regulatory rules or to satisfy our insurance requirements;
• in the event of a sale, merger, reorganization, change of legal form, dissolution or similar event and / or to a potential or actual successor to us, where permitted by applicable law; and
• when otherwise required by applicable law or otherwise permitted by applicable law, to the extent compatible with this Privacy Statement.
Other than the instances set out above, we will never share your Personal Data with any third party, without first obtaining your consent.
We may obtain your consent to our collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Data, either expressly for a stated purpose, or impliedly when the purposes are indicated by the relevant circumstances.
We will seek your consent as required by law before using personal data for any purpose beyond the scope of your original consent. You may withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal and contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. Please note, however, that withdrawing consent may affect our ability to serve you and maintain our relationship.
If you no longer wish to receive our publications or receive information about our services, including by email, please send an e-mail message to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “unsubscribe”.
5. Transfer of Personal Data
As Stephen Gray Vision is a global company, your Personal Data may be transferred outside of the country from which it was originally collected and may be shared both intra-group as well as with third parties located in other jurisdictions, including those that do not have similar data protection laws. All international transfers of Personal Data will be made in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
When we transfer Personal Data internationally, we put in place safeguards in accordance with applicable law – including Articles 44 to 50 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation. If you would like to know more about our data transfer practices and safeguarding measures, please contact our privacy team at: email@example.com
6. Your Rights
Data protection law gives rights to individuals in respect of the Personal Data that organisations hold about them. To the extent provided by applicable law, you may:
• request access to the Personal Data We maintain about you;
• request that We rectify, delete or block your Personal Data;
• object at any time to the Processing of your Personal Data for direct marketing as well as other purposes where there is a compelling legitimate ground relating to your particular situation; and
• withdraw any given consent at any time without explanation.
Please note that if you withdraw certain consents, you may not be able to use all the functions of the Website or other websites or online services.
To exercise any applicable data protection rights, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Stephen Gray Vision reserves the right to request additional documents from you to enable us to verify your identity.
7. Social Platforms and Links to Other Sites
Our Websites contain social media plug-ins, that may include: Twitter, , instagram, YouTube and Facebook. If you interact with these plug-ins, your activity on our Websites will also be made available to those social platforms. WarriorSage does not control these platforms and is not responsible for the Processing of Personal Data taking place on them or their respective privacy policies. Therefore, we encourage you to read the privacy policies of these social platforms before interacting with their plug-ins on our Websites. Please also read the Cookies section to find out more about social media cookies.
8. Security of your Personal Data
We have policies and procedures in place to protect your Personal Data from loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
In order to collect certain data described above, we use cookie technology on our Website.
A cookie is a small piece of information which is sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s hard drive, mobile phone or other device. You can set or change your cookie preferences by visiting the “Cookie Settings” at the bottom of the webpage. You can also set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. This enables you to decide if you want to accept it or not. However, some of the services and features offered through our Websites may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
We use the following types of cookies on our Websites:
- 1. Strictly necessary and functional cookies
These cookies are required for basic site functionality and are, therefore, always enabled. These include cookies that allow you to be remembered as you explore the site within a single session or, if you request, from session to session. They help make the shopping cart and checkout process possible as well as assist in security issues and conforming to regulations.
- 2. Performance cookies
These cookies allow us to improve the site’s functionality by tracking usage on the Website. In some cases these cookies improve the speed with which we can process your request, allow us to remember site preferences you’ve selected. De-selecting these cookies may result in poorly-tailored recommendations and slow site performance.
- 3. Advertising and Social Media cookies
Social media cookies offer the possibility to connect you to your social networks and share content from our website through social media. Advertising cookies (of third parties) collect information to help better tailor advertising to your interests, both within and beyond Websites. In some cases, these cookies involve the processing of your personal data. De-selecting these cookies may result in seeing advertising that is not as relevant to you or you not being able to link effectively with the social networks, including Google and Facebook and not allowing you to effectively share content.
We place the following advertising cookies:
- Google Analytics & Adwords – with an expiry of 90 days
- Facebook – with a expiry of 90 days
To comply with current law, we need to ask for your consent to the use of certain cookies. When you arrive on our Website, a pop-up footer will appear asking for your consent to place cookies on your device. To get more information or amend your preferences, press the “More Information” button or visit “Cookie Settings” at the bottom of the webpage. If you, or another user of your computer, wish to withdraw your consent at any time, you can do so by re-visiting the “Cookie Settings” at the bottom of the webpage or by altering your browser settings.
10. Customers based in the European Union
As a data controller, Stephen Gray Vision processes your Personal Data in compliance with the requirements of the GDPR, as amended from time to time. We only process your Personal Data:
- • With your consent
- • For performing the services you have requested from us, or, upon your request, to take the steps necessary to provide you with such services; or
- • In the furtherance of our legitimate interests in maintaining business relationships and communicating with you as a business contact about WarriorSage’s activities and services. We consider that our legitimate interests are in compliance with the GDPR and your legal rights and freedoms. You have the right to object to any of this processing and, if you want to, please contact our Privacy Officer at email@example.com
In addition the rights described above under “Your Rights”, you may in some cases have the following rights:
- The right to request an electronic copy of the Personal Data we process about you. We may charge you a reasonable administration fee should you require multiple copies. We may also require you to prove your identity before releasing your data;
- The right to require that we amend any incomplete or inaccurate Personal Data that we process about you;
- The right to request that we delete Personal Data that we process about you, unless we are required to retain such data in order to comply with a legal obligation or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims;
- The right to request that we restrict our processing of your Personal Data where you believe it to be inaccurate, where our processing is unlawful, or where we no longer need to process such data for a particular purpose, but are not able to delete the data or because you do not want us to delete it;
- The right to request that we transmit the Personal Data we hold in respect of you to another data controller, under certain circumstances;
- Where the legal justification for our processing of your Personal Data is our legitimate interest, you have the right to object to such processing on grounds relating to your particular situation. We will abide by your request unless we have compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests and rights, or if we need to continue to process the data for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim; and
- The right to withdraw your consent to our processing your Personal Data at any time, including where you wish to opt out from marketing messages that you receive from us.
If you are in the European Union you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the local data protection authority if you believe that we have not complied with applicable data protection laws.
11. Questions and Complaints
Please address any queries or complaints to: firstname.lastname@example.org who will then direct your query to the most appropriate person within the Stephen Gray Vision.